Nov 24, 2017

Suzy Cube Update: November 24, 2017

#SuzyCube #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity @NoodlecakeGames 
Plans!? Who needs 'em!? Unfortunately, it looks like the social API stuff on Noodlecake's side isn't quite ready for integration, so I concentrated on level work this week.


Make Me Look Good

One such task I've been plugging away at has been the decoration of the game's final level. It's taking longer than expected given the size of the level. It's not that it's enormous or anything, it's just a little larger than many of the game's other levels.

Kind of like a deadly jacuzzi

I've been quite happy with the design of the level for a long while now, so the decoration pass has really been just about adding more props to break up the monotony and peppering the non-gameplay spaces with the odd bit of visual flair, like lava spewing sewer pipes and volcanos! 


Background Task

After years of being content with Special Stages existing in featureless purple voids, I finally did an about-face and went ahead and generated a skybox for them.

Parallel bluniverse? Univiolet?... It's purple, ok? 

Nothing earth shattering or anything, just a purple-y horizon with some weird floating blocks. It's just nice to have something a little less plain to look at back there.

Always Improving

Not exactly as shown

And finally, though I'm using a screenshot of Level 1-3, I actually did work on this level's Special World doppleganger, Level S-7. I know I said it was all done last week, but playing it again on Monday with fresh eyes lead to the usual tweak, nips and tucks. Now it's done... Probably.

Well, that's it for this week. I really don't know what to tell you all for next week as I still have to hear back from Noodlecake on the social API integration and stuff. So, my guess is I'll be continuing to work on Special World levels and level decoration. I think that's probably a safe assumption.

On that, thanks for stopping by and I'll see you next week.



3 comments:

  1. Wow this game look good I defiantly going to install this one. I love designing stuff and I think this one is made for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is the game going to be realse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, no word on this yet. Stay tuned, though!

      Delete