#suzycube #GDC16 #indiedev #gamedev
What a day! Too much to cover, point-form to follow!
- Talk by Invidia and Allegorithmic: Substance Painter stuff was very cool.
- Talk from the duo on N++: Cool look behind the process from cool people!
- Checked out the Indie Mega Booth and met Mike from Starfall Studios who totally knew what Suzy Cube was and eagerly played it! I played his really cool upcoming stealth ninja platform game, Sneaky Ninja: Good times were had by all.
- Also seen at the Indie Mega Booth...
|Streets of Rogue|
- ALSO seen at the Indie Mega Booth: Longstory, a dating game for the real world. Charming, inclusive and attractive.
- Moving on to the IGF Awards showcase area... Oh man...
- Spent time with the Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes pals who, incidentally, took home the prize for excellence in design!!!
|Allen seen here making his hand disappear.|
- Great chat with folks behind innovative narrative based game Oxenfree, winner for excellence in art!
|It's a booth!|
- Checked out a number of the nominees:
|Trippy audiovisual experience!!|
|Utterly delightful puzzle/diorama/toy. Must be amazing on Playstation VR!|
|Bold, personal and vulnerable.|
- Ended the night at the Touch Arcade Sticker Swap where we met too many people to recount, stand out moments included meeting folks from:
- Butterscotch Shenanigans (Crashlands)
- Wonderful Lasers (Impossible Road)
- Beaver Tap Games (Mikey Shorts)
- Stinger Games (Endless Wave)
- Lightning Rod (A Fold Apart)
- Riot Games (League of Legends)
- Get Set (Mega Jump)
- Backflip Studios (Dragonvale)
- Noodlecake (Super Stickman Golf)
- Imangi (Temple Run)
- Ponos (Mr. Ninja)
- Got to play Astro Party against its creator!!!
|Three players, one phone, one victor!|
- Voice is fading fast!
What a packed day! So many great games and so many wonderful people!! Many folks also asked to try out Suzy Cube, which was awesome! OK, it's past 2am now, I REALLY have to get to bed if I want to be even half-functional tomorrow!