Mar 9, 2018

Suzy Cube Update: March 9, 2018

#SuzyCube #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity @NoodlecakeGames 
One more week closer to GDC! Let's see what we've got this Friday!

Getting Ready for the Big Show!

As you can see up top, I went through the game's levels and picked the three I'm going to want us to show off at the conference. They are a good mix of different themes and varied gameplay while also being levels that haven't yet been featured in videos! I'm excited to show them off to folks.

We, also, got to see the first rough cut of the trailer being put together by One Simple Idea. It's not ready for primetime yet but it's lookin' mighty fine already! Very excited to share it with all of you once it's done!


What's on the Menu

Noodlecake are very busy folks, especially with GDC coming up, so It looks like we won't have the new menu system up and running in time for the conference. At the very least, I'm going to want to show off the latest mockups so folks get to see the new direction we'll be taking with the UI. Stay tuned to Suzy coverage during GDC for a look at how that's shaping up.

To help them along, though, I went through all the levels and took screenshots which we will be using as blurred out backgrounds in the level select screen.

So many wonderful places to visit!

Doing what I can to help out.

Odds and Ends

And, finally, I've been continually fixing small bugs here and there, ensuring a tight package come shipping day.

(blurred for secrecy)

I had a friend play through the game's first couple worlds over the weekend and I've made a few adjustments based on my observations. The most significant of which was actually a fairly sizeable redesign of the beginning of the World 2 Special Stage. The level is broken up into four small puzzles with strict time limits. My buddy struggled with the first puzzle, having to reattempt it several times. The funny thing is, once he completed the first puzzle, he was able to complete the rest of the level's three puzzles in one go! This made it clear that the first puzzle was too obtuse. I hope my changes have remedied the issue.

Well, there we have it folks! We've got one more Friday update before I leave for San Francisco! I've got a call with Noodlecake early next week to get our ducks in a row for the conference then it's off to the West Coast! Check back in next week to gauge what a nervous wreck I'll have turned into!




1 comment: