Feb 16, 2018

Suzy Cube Update: February 16, 2018

#SuzyCube #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity @NoodlecakeGames 
Level decoration was on the docket during this short week of Carnival. And I'm looking to get back to it, so let's get this moving.

Yes, it was Carnival here last weekend, meaning Monday off and I spent entirely too long making my wife some truffles for Valentine's Day on Wednesday. Yes, I AM making excuses for getting so little done this week, how astute of you! Maybe I should stop and get on with it, then?

Breakin' Out the Shoe Polish

So, what I DID do was get back around to decorating snowy Level 5-2 which had received very little love a couple weeks ago.

Sliding in a spiky wonderland

The usual props and extra pickups treatment was applied here. There are very few surprises when it comes to level decoration. So what did I move on to next?

A dash of sun

Why, decorating Level 5-3, of course! I'm about halfway done with this one, and yes, this does mean I'm almost done decorating levels!!! This is good news for a couple reasons. First, it means we're getting that little bit closer to release (Yay!) and, second, we will have more polished content to show off at GDC in March!

Get Them on the Horn!

Speaking of GDC, I had a call with Noodlecake yesterday to discuss our plans for the conference. Obviously, you'll have to wait until March to find out what we've settled on, but in broad terms, we discussed which levels we would be showcasing as well as how far into the UI redesign we were hoping to get before the event.

We may, or may not have also discussed dates and platforms... Maybe...

You can rest assured Suzy will have a strong showing at GDC this year!

Well, that's pretty much it. I'm going to get back to it so I can make up a little for my short week. Keep checking back in as we get closer and closer to March to follow along on our road to GDC!



No comments:

Post a Comment