Mar 10, 2017

Suzy Cube Update: March 10, 2017

#suzycube #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity 
Ok, folks! First weekly update since my return from GDC! Sorry to say it's a slim one as I've had to work on doing my taxes and on producing a *GASP* trailer for Suzy Cube!

Shout-Outs

First things first, I want to thank the good people at Touch Arcade and AppAdvice for writing up pieces on the game.

Trevor Sheridan, writing for AppAdvice went to a few details about the game from conversations we've had both at GDC this year and in a previous interview. You can check out his article here.

Over at Touch Arcade, Jared Nelson, once again took it upon himself to continue making me blush in his piece, summing up our sit down at GDC. You can read the article or simply watch the video interview right here.


Fixerupper

I did get around to little fixes and tweaks, though. I did some work in the level select screen, removing the buggy ability to swipe between world pages in favour of buttons. I'm not saying this latest approach is what I'll ship with, but, at least, it works!

As you can see up top, I also made some small cosmetic tweaks to the Rock Skull. It simply wasn't distinct enough from the basic Skull before. Now, with it's slightly thicker build and heavy brow, it instantly reads as a different enemy.

And, finally, I made a handful of little changes including changing up my counter trigger so it can now play a sound and increase the pitch at each activation. This allowed me to add a nice rewarding arpeggio to coin sequences which trigger a reward! 

Old GIF of coin sequence.

On With the Show

So... What's this about a trailer!?

I'm so glad you asked!


And, on that note, we must sadly part ways for a little while. I won't be able to work on the game for a few weeks, so no updates for a bit. Had I planned things a bit better I would have had some Lessons From Suzy Cube articles queued up... But alas, I do not. But, hey, it's a good opportunity to catch up on older posts if you're new to the blog! 

Without being able to guarantee when I'll be returning to work on Suzy, you'll just have to keep checking in until I do! See you then and don't forget to share the video with all your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment