Mar 18, 2016

Suzy Cube at GDC 2016, Day 4

#suzycube #GDC16 #gamedev #indiedev  

Today was the big day!

I had set a meeting with the folks at TouchArcade before leaving for San Francisco, and that meeting was today! I sat down with Jared Nelson, to show off Suzy Cube and I could not be happier with how it went. The odds were stacked slightly in my favour, as Mr. Nelson had previously mentioned by email that he had, indeed, been following my updates on the game's development over in the TouchArcade forums.

Jared and Eli from TouchArcade have been working extremely hard over the course of the conference in order to update the front page of the site with videos and write ups of all the cool games they've been checking out, so I'm expecting to be able to share their video of our interview within the next day or so. Our little sit down went very well as far as I could tell. It helped that I had a couple of chances to hang out a bit with both Jared and Eli earlier in the week, I think it helped calm my nerves since it just felt like hanging out with a couple of fellow mobile game fans, which I suppose it was, fundamentally, what I was doing!

So, ya, stay tuned for the video of the interview, I can't wait to see it myself, I hope I didn't come off as completely incoherent given my lack of sleep over the past few days!

I spent most of my day bumming around the expo showroom checking out all the cool new VR tech and salivating over state of the art graphics tools like Alégorithmic's Substance Painter. I got to spend some time with folks from bitHeads, the studio I left when I moved to Caracas, and see their progress on the last game I worked on before leaving, that was great!

Finally, my buddy Phil and I checked out a great talk called: "Immoral Women: And Why Your Game Needs More of Them" all about the portrayal of women characters as neither saints nor whores, but as people, even villains. Very important. Could have used slides!

Ok, here we go! One last day! Body, don't fail me now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment