Jan 8, 2016

Suzy Cube Update: Friday January 8, 2016

#suzycube #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity

Welcome back everybody! I hope you all had a great holiday season and a happy new year!

This week's update will be short and sweet for a couple of reasons: 1. Not a whole lot to report. 2. I'm having to reinstall Xcode and on my crappy internet connection, which means everything involving the internet, including writing a simple blog post gets bogged down.

So, as predicted, not much work got done between my last update and now. I did, however, finally finish up the World 1 boss level draft! Hooray!

I spent way too much time struggling with a bug that wasn't really a bug and was easily fixed just by making sure a critical part of the level wasn't disabled while playing the game... Whoops!

Updating to the latest Unity patch release also made a couple of bugs, including one VERY longstanding one, disappear. That is not what I've come to expect from updating Unity, so that's nice!

And, finally, trying to build to my device this morning... for the first time all week (I know, I know), I ran into an issue caused by Xcode being out of date even though I made a point of updating all my software while I was in Florida to visit my in-laws for Christmas. They have a faster internet connection, you see. Well, seems like Xcode didn't actually update, so now I've had to trash it and reinstall. Darn!

Can't update you on the state of the funny scaling bees bug as I need to run the game on my iPod to see it, but I suspect it's still happening. For anyone who needs to have their memories refreshed, said funny bug looks like this:


Well, that's it for this week. I'm easing back into things and hope to have some meatier updates soon. Don't hold your breaths, though as I need to fix the aforementioned bug before moving on and fixing bugs which don't also show up in the editor is always much slower.

Once I do fix the darn bug, I'm going to start work on Level 1-4 which is the last level left to tackle in World 1! With all the level drafts in place for the first world, I'll be shifting gears to testing and polishing them to get them ready to show off at GDC in March!

On that note, wish me luck on my bug hunt and I'll see you all next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment