Sep 11, 2015

Suzy Cube Update: Friday September 11, 2015

#suzycube #indiedev #gamedev #madewithunity

Yep, the picture pretty much sums up how I feel about this week... It's been a rough one folks! The first couple days went well with the completion of the whitebox for Level 3-3 done and ready for testing and some small but long overdue tweaks to Level 1-1 behind me, I felt ready to take on the final boss! No really, that's what I spent most of the week on, working on the game's final boss, which, incidentally will be the template for all five boss fights in the game.

Well, how did that go? Not great! After a week spent modeling, texturing rigging and animating, I might just scrap it... Maybe... I'm considering it, anyway. Without re-rigging the boss for easier animating, I don't see how I'm going to get through the, rather hefty, list of animations without garbage output. I'm also feeling like the design is.. well.. OK.. Not really exciting me all that much. Anyway, I'm considering ditching the snake/dragon design and going for something more humanoid which would allow me to use more standard rigging. Anyway, I've decided to take one last crack at this guy today and then decide what to do over the week-end. 

Finally, I'm swimming in new bugs after upgrading the project to Unity 5.2. This has, pretty much, become standard fare. I upgrade my Unity install, new bugs show up! I've got two particularly bad ones right now. One is making my lightmaps all blocky (nope, doesn't fit the style as well as you might thing) and the other is nearly chopping my frame rate in half! This second issue is particularly infuriating as I work hard to maintain 60 fps on my iPod Touch!

So, on that bummer note. I'll catch you all next week. Hopefully with much better news on all fronts!

No comments:

Post a Comment